What can I do to avoid getting caught in dangerous flooding?
Follow these safety rules:
- Monitor a news source such as NOAA Weather Radio All Hazards for important weather related information.
- Get out of areas subject to flooding. This includes all low areas.
- If flooding occurs, get to higher ground.
- Avoid flooded areas, especially if there is swiftly moving water. Do not attempt to cross flowing streams.
- Never drive on flooded roads. The roadbeds beneath the water may be eroded.
- Do not park your vehicle along streams or rivers when there is a chance of flooding. Do not camp in these areas during similar conditions.
- Avoid walking or driving at night during tropical storm conditions. It is harder to recognize flood dangers when it is dark.
Source: NOAA and NWS
- OH Community
- Web Apps
- About Us