What are the causes of wildfires?
Four out of five (80%) wildfires are caused by human activity. This includes both carelessness and arson. The other 20% of wildfires are due to natural causes, such as lightning or volcanic activity. Climate conditions such as drought or heat waves make vegetation drier and more susceptible to wildfires.
Contributing sources: FEMA, U.S. Forest Service
- OH Community
- Web Apps
- About Us